Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a glimpse at them. Thus, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to establish a weblog, mails, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by given web hosts, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting plans are frequently supported by showing adverts beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain period of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely erroneous explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the workload between autonomous groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different webspace hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a big quantity of images with pals or colleagues since the solution is usually free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your mails. Some suppliers provide web space hosting services for sites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you wish to open a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to have as many videos as you would like without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to own a website. To a certain extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and email accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At 50Webs Web Hosting, for example, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific content only.